I’m a morning person and my husband is not. This wouldn’t be too much of an issue if we didn’t spend 40+ minutes in a car together as we commute. On top of it, my husband actually keeps the volume up as the commercials come on the radio. Who does that?! The rare days that I am able to drive myself – hello, whatever speed limit I want with no complaints – I prefer to listen to podcasts. This may also be a reason for the constant and dreaded iPhone “no storage” message. These podcasts may cause you to try something new in the classroom or just keep you motivated throughout the year. Here are my suggestions for 5 education podcasts to listen to now.
*Ideally, you would just search for these using the iTunes app – it’s free!
- Cult of Pedagogy (Jennifer Gonzalez) – every single episode will have you trying out something new or revisiting a lesson that didn’t go quite as planned. I love her down to earth and witty ways – be prepared with a notepad as you listen! And don’t forget to check out her website.
- Angela Watson’s Truth for Teachers – these are 10 minute segments that are motivating and inspiring. If you are looking for a pick me up after a rough day or need the motivation to face a tough school situation, this is an ideal podcast.
- Talks with Teachers – these are real, in the trenches stories from educators (particularly ELA teachers). Gain some new ideas or just a dose of inspiration. One aspect that I love about these podcasts is the reality of failure that is addressed.
- The Bedley Bros Ed.Chat – guests with a power packing punch of inspiration and current ideas. This one is ideal for the longer commutes. You can also access them from their website.
- Always a Lesson’s Empowering Educators – this weekly podcasts is inspiring but also gives us a look at some of the teacher myths that need to burst (I’m looking at you Pinterest perfect reading nook).
Clear out the storage on your phone because these are golden! And free – seriously, teachers LOVE free!
Any podcasts that you have on your subscribe list? Any that I should add to mine?